In the previous article, I told you how to add, change, and remove chart titles in excel. In this article I will tell you how to change the chart title dynamically, then you can make the chart title change according to a special cell text.
1. Excel Dynamic Chart Title Example.
1.1 How To Link Excel Cell To Chart Title To Make Chart Title Change According To Cell Text Change Dynamically.
- In this example, there is a data table in the excel worksheet left side.
- The first row of the data table is the table header row.
- We also create a column chart based on the data table.
- And we want to set the data table header A1 cell’s text as the chart title.
- You can follow the below steps.
- Click the chart title to select it.
- Then input = in the Formula Bar input text box on the excel worksheet top area.
- Click cell A1 in the excel worksheet, then the formula bar text will be changed to something like =Table1[[#Header],[English]].
- Press the Enter key to confirm the input, then you can see the table header English will be shown as the chart title.
- If you select another cell that is not the table header cell, then you can see the text =Sheet1!$A$6 in the formula bar input text box.
- Then it will show the text in cell A6 as the chart title text.
- Now when you change the cell text, the chart title will be dynamically changed accordingly.
1.2 How To Create Dynamic Excel Chart Titles By Combine Multiple Excel Cell Values.
- Sometimes, you may want to link multiple excel cells to the excel chart title, then the chart title text will be changed according to the multiple cells text change.
- For example, there are 2 excel cells A6 and B6, and you want to link these 2 cells to the chart title.
- Then you can input the formula =A6&B6 in cell C6.
- And then click to select the chart title and input =Sheet1$C$6 in the formula bar input text box.
- When you press the Enter key, you can see the chart title has been changed to combine cells A6 and B6‘s text.
- If you want to add extra text to the chart title, you can input the formula =A6&B6&” /Year “ in cell C6 and then link cell C6 to the chart title as above.