This article will tell you 2 methods of how to change the Excel workbook default font and size. One uses the Excel options, and the other use the Excel XLStart workbook.
1. How To Change Excel Workbook Default Font & Size Use Excel Options.
- Open Excel, click the File —> Options menu item to open the Excel Options dialog.
- Click the General option item on the excel options dialog left side.
- On the excel options dialog right side, scroll down to the When creating new workbooks section.
- Then you can select the default font from the Use this as the default font drop-down list.
- Select the font size from the Font Size drop-down list.
- If you want to change the default display layout of the worksheet every time you open Excel, you can set it from the Default view for new sheets drop-down list.
- The include this many sheets drop-down list can change the opened worksheets count when you create a new excel workbook.
- At last, do not forget to reopen Excel to make the changes take effect.
2. How To Change Excel Workbook Default Font & Size Use Excel XLStart Workbook.
- The other method is to use the excel XLStart workbook.
- First, create an Excel workbook and configure your favorite font, size, color, and other settings in it as the template workbook.
- Then you should get your Excel XLStart folder location, you can read the article How To Get The Excel Xlstart Folder Quickly.
- Copy the template workbook to the Excel XLStart folder.
- Now when you open Excel each time, it will open the template workbook that is saved in the XLStart folder, and then you can use the default settings in the excel file, after you edit it, you can save it as another excel file that you need.