Creating a mailing list in Gmail from an Excel sheet is a great way to quickly get your contacts into the Gmail system. In this article, I will tell you 2 methods to create a mailing list in Gmail from an Excel worksheet. One is done manually and the other is done automatically. You can choose to use them accordingly.
1. How To Create A Mailing List In Gmail From Excel Manually.
- Open your Excel spreadsheet and select the cells containing the email addresses you want to add to your mailing list.
- Copy the selected cells by pressing Ctrl+C (or Command+C on a Mac).
- Open Gmail and click the Compose button to create a new message.
- Click the To field and paste the copied email addresses by pressing Ctrl+V (or Command+V on a Mac).
- Separate each email address with a comma.
- Click the Save to Contacts button to add the email addresses to your Gmail contacts.
- Click the Create List button to create a new mailing list.
- Enter a name for the mailing list and click the Create List button.
- Your mailing list is now created and you can use it to send emails to multiple recipients at once.
2. How To Create A Mailing List In Gmail From Excel Automatically.
- If there are a lot of mail addresses in your excel worksheet file, you can use this method. Below are the steps you need to take.
- Open your Excel sheet, then click the File —> Save a Copy menu item to open the Save a Copy window.
- Select the *.csv file extension from the file type drop-down list and click the Save button to save it as a .csv file.
- Open Gmail, click on the “Google Apps” icon in the top-right corner, then click on “Contacts”.
- On the left sidebar, click “More”, then “Import”.
- Click “Choose File” and locate the .csv file you saved.
- Click “Import” and the list of contacts will be uploaded into Gmail.
- To add the contacts to a mailing list, click the “Groups” button in the left sidebar, then click “Create Group”.
- Type in a name for the group, then click “Create”.
- Select the contacts you want to add to the group, then click “Add to Group”.
- When you’re finished, click “Done”.
- And that’s it! You’ve successfully created a mailing list in Gmail from an Excel spreadsheet.